Reading Teachers – Did you know that sight words come in two flavors? 1) CONSCIOUS memorization of the word based on its visual features (hard for kids, or anyone else, to do) 2) UNCONSCIOUS creation of sight words due to an automatic process called Orthographic Mapping.
- Balanced Literacy’s Crumbling Foundation – What Can We Do about It?
- Background Knowledge: The Compass Pointing to Reading Comprehension
- Join the Movement
- The Survival List
- Not just for Dyslexia
- Learning about your Child’s Reading Development
- How to Pronounce the 44 Phonemes
- How Spelling Supports Reading Instruction
- Deep Reading Brain in a Digital World
- The Science of Reading is not…