ALP Actividad de Aprendizaje en el Hogar
Things to Do at Home
- How to Teach Reading & Spelling for Parents Free access to the course through October 31st!
- nessy.com/ Print free phonics cards
- ReadingRockets: To help launch young readers
- Widget Word Wall Games
- Wilson Reading Fat Stack: Flash cards by book level
- storylineonline.net: The SAG-AFTRA Foundation’s award-winning children’s literacy website, Storyline Online, streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations
- Audible Stories:Free Audiobooks
- Virtual Museum Tours
- Learn a new language: duolingo.com
- Achieve the Core: Foundational Skills Practice Strategies—Kindergarten and First Grade
Videos and Card Games
Explore our videos and download the accompanying cards.
- A Family of Readers: Reading Readiness
- Wilson Reading System Free Resources
- UNC TV and the NC Dept of Education At-Home Learning: free, curriculum-informed content
- 6seconds.org: Info on emotional Intelligence & strategies for social and emotional at home learning
- Haskins Global Literacy Hub: Resource Library
- Regional Educational Laboratory Program: Supporting your child’s reading from home
- Florida Center for Reading Research: YouTube channel full of resources
Additional Local Resources for Students
- secondharvestnwnc.org: Providing a regional distribution warehouse & branches that supply food and grocery items to charitable agencies that assist people in need.
- Internet Access: Spectrum is providing free internet access to students impacted by Coronavirus who don’t already have access at home. Call 844-488-8395 to enroll.
Our Pinterest Page
We really love Pinterest and we’ve found it’s a great place to store a whole array of games, links, printed pieces, educational materials and more. Below you’ll find a list of all the boards that we’ve created on Pinterest. Click on any of the boards below to go to our Pinterest page.